Apple Store

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mac Sounds

At home I use a Compaq Presario 5838 running Windows XP while at work I use an iBook G4 running Mac OS 10.4.5. Now up until Tiger came out I wouldn't have traded my PC, but now I am in love with with everything Mac.



One of my favorite things about this new OS X are the sounds. I had previously worked with Mac OX 9 in the old blue box. I hated it and always had the sound turned off.

So, when I got this new iBook, it was the first time in years I had heard any noise coming out of a Mac.

At first, I thought I must have broken something. Every time I moved something or deleted something or did just about any thing, it made a noise. I turned them down, but then I started missing them, especially some of my favorites like the swish when it sends my mail or the clunk when I move a file.

Now I love my sounds, and the only problem is that I can't find those sounds any where.

HELP!

Please, if you know where I can get all the sounds my Mac makes in MP3 let me know. I found a site for MacTones, but the link is dead. You can find some of the Mac sounds in the system folder, but only the ones that can be changed from the preference pane.

So, please help if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home