Apple Store

Monday, March 20, 2006

Podcaster Goes Pro

One of my favorite video podcasters, Screen Casts Online, announced today that he is quitting his day job to become a full-time podcaster. I guess this podcasting deal is really taking off. I have noticed more and more video podcasts are including commercials which undoubtedly help support the free content.

Personally, I wish I had a good idea for a video podcast, because I would love to start my own and give up my 8 to 5 job, too. Any body got any good ideas they want to share?

I guess what remains to be seen is if podcasting can become a full-time, paying job. I'm sure people can make money, but who knows if it will be worth it to them. On the other hand, I'm sure people said the same thing about the first radio stations, television station and Web sites.

Are we seeing yet another evolution of the media?

If so, I sure wish I was in on the beginning of this instead of at the end of it. But, until inspiration hits me, I will support people like Don McAllister of Screen Casts Online, and you can, too. Don has started a special subscription service in addition to the free video podcast. For $25, subscribers get extra services including a high definition version of the podcast and newsletter.

Trust me, it's worth it. And, it will help support a new and growing outlet. So, good luck Don and any others who toss the dice on podcasting. Lead the way for the rest of us to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home