Apple Store

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Windows XP on a Mac? Why?

It was announced this week that Windows XP on a Mac has awarded the $13,854 prize for booting Windows XP on an Intel based iMac. Isn't the point in owning a Mac so that you don't have to run Windows? I know that's why I want a Mac.

And, my understanding is that you can only run one platform at a time, so you can't just switch between Windows and Mac OS X. It's one or the other.

What I don't get about this whole project is that if you simply want to runs Windows XP why not go by a cheap Dell. Why spend the money on an iMac just to corupt it with Windows XP?


Of course, the videovideo of them booting the iMac with Windows seems to explain a lot to me. Check out the camera work. Obviously these guys have had a little too much to drink or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home