Apple Store

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mighty Mouse


I started using the new mouse at work this week, and although some other Mac fans I know aren't too thrilled with it, I love it.

One reason may be because as a regular Windows user, I am accustom to a two-button mouse, while most regular Mac users like the one-button design. I enjoy the simplicity of a single button, I really enjoy some of the features including the wheel, which is a small ball on the new Apple Mighty Mouse.

Of course, Apple added their own twists to the two-button mouse. The scroll ball works both verticlly and horizontally. It also is a button which open Dashboard in Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger", and I do love them widgets. The two buttons on the side of the Apple Mighty Mouse also can be used to open Expose. Probably the most impressive thing of all is that there really is only one button, but the Mighty Mouse knows when you click on the left or the right side of it.

Cool.

The best part of all of these features, is that you can change the action associated with each button. In this way, you can customize it to your needs.

One important note: When you first plug in the Mighty Mouse, you have to go into the preferances and set the action for the right-click. The default action is the same for both left- and right-clicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home